My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.powered-by-produce.com
and update your bookmarks!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Meet Your Meat: Cows

This video pretty much sums it up - please watch it:



One thing the video leaves out is how we've even turned something as simple as feeding the cows into an act of abuse and cruelty. For more on what we feed our cows and how it makes them sick, see my posts Feeding Our Food (Part 1) and Feeding Our Food (Part 2).

The unimaginable treatment of these animals is enough to make me quit meat, but on top of that, I am flat out disguted by the fact that the beef we buy comes from sick, diseased, unhealthy animals that are raised in manure up to their ankles. I mean, that's just gross.
____________________
Breakfast: English Muffin with spray butter, which blatently violates my advice to Eat Food
Lunch: Microwavable brown rice & veggie bowl
Dinner: Pasta with zucchini, tomato, garlic, fresh parsley, pine nuts, and olive oil

No comments:

Post a Comment